It's 2019, and of course, along with the new year comes new trends in furniture and interior design. And you know that we would always keep you in the loop with what is up and coming. So here’s what furniture and interior design news articles and blogs are raving about:
First up is: Wood. But not technically just wood. It is said that stained, oxidized, or colored wood is the next big thing in furniture. Wood exudes coziness and comfort in levels that cannot be compared to any other material, plus let’s not forget the added value from its unique patterns and colors once stained, oxidized or, well, colored. Check out these great pieces which are the perfect models for this trend:
- Supported with a beautiful brass steel base this table top is available in black Acacia wood
- This grey washed oak modern loft bed is the perfect fusion of mid-century design and modern glam
- Supported with a beautiful brass steel base the buffet is available in black Acacia wood and features soft close doors.
The second trend is Luxe. From that word alone you should be able to deduce what trend this is. Perhaps one of my favorite trends ever, basically, this trend is having pieces that exude luxury and decadence but not necessarily in a way that would be too much. Opulence in simplicity is always a great way to go. This trend can be displayed with pieces such as these ones:
- This beautiful authentic Mongolian fur 49-inch long bench brings instant fashion to your space.
- Inspired by luxe Hollywood decor, the Majesty desk is the ultimate statement piece.
- Deep, plush diamond tufting with lucite legs and chic velvet upholstery will sophisticate a room like no other sofa.
Last but not least: Industrial. This is pretty much what most hipsters refer to as steampunk but in a classier display. Such pieces are not only pleasing to the eyes when setting up at home, but could be used for commercial spaces and themed businesses as well. Here are perfect examples of this trend:
- The versatile Bohemia stool is crafted from lightweight steel and features a distressed blue finish. Can be used as a stool, ottoman or footrest.
- The solid stainless steel frame provides a sturdy base, while the plush seat and footrest ensure maximum comfort.
- The combination of angles and gentle curves gives this stool an eye-catching appearance, while the neutral color allows it to match well with any decor.